GEN6 is a part-funded EC (CIP-ICT-PSP-2011-297239) project. The information/views generated by the project may not completely align with those of the individual participating companies or The European Community. Although the project''s information/views are considered accurate no responsibility will be accepted for their subsequent use.
Visit other of our sites: RivalBoxing CatGenie
GEN6 will run several National and Cross-Border Pilots.
This will allow to experiment, learn and provide general guidelines for planning and transition steps.
- IPv6 networks topologies and addressing types.
- IPv6 addressing technologies and addressing plans for Governments.
- IPv6 transition technologies and support.
- IPv6 deployment support.
The outcome of the national pilots will contribute to these guidelines and will provide additional documentation based on transition experience in the fields of:
- network equipment (switches, router, firewalls, load balancers, …)
- network provider access points (CPE, fiber, xDSL, …)
- middleware and technologies like webservers, portals, databases
Besides the technical documentation, the national pilots will document their efforts and costs for the transition and estimate possible benefits from the IPv6 upgrade.